Zypher

It's been a few weeks since the last post but not too long. Last week I spoke at the teacher's magazine conference. I work in music as a composer in lots of differant ways and teaching is an umbrella which has spanned my work in music. I had the chance to show the work I had been producing around non-notation.I was great to hear my work Strum, a piece of fresh new music being performed by a group of teachers and led by brilliant musician Bea Hubble. As a composer I am Vice-Chair of Sound and Music and Bea is the Head of Education at Sound and Music. We worked together to talk about good practice in inclusion and it was great to speak in such a positive atmosphere. I valued the collaborative process we went through and the chance to talk about the process. As a musician like most people, I have felt nervous about the situation we are in at the moment with Covid and live work. But I have become confident about negotiating spaces as good practice filters through our music ecosystem. I'm focusing on working living, and writing. Lets see what the future brings, I'm pushing for a warm wind.

Comments

Popular Posts