The motions of mapping

I have been commissioned to do two workshops over the next two weeks for Disability Arts Cymru. In tomorrow's workshop, I will be looking at Soundscapes, sound mapping and different ways of capturing sound. Below is a recording of a radio programme that I designed on Resonance fm last year. It was called Soft Sound and was based around sound walking, changing perspectives on music, and working with abstract and real places. I started the radio programme soft sound as it was difficult to go out in a group and do listening while covid was around. I loved working on the programme and captured some really special moments of conversations in gardens, the sounds of the birds or the breeze. When I made the programme below I wanted to capture the feeling of listening to the trees and combine and sense of stillness and movement. It was written as a document of breeze and birds from a corner of the stream, just off the stoney path. https://www.mixcloud.com/Resonance/soft-sound-23-february-2021/

Comments

Popular Posts